The pineapple is a member of the bromeliad family. Among the health benefits of pineapple is the fact that it contains bromelain, an enzyme that is assumed to aid protein digestion. Bromelain, the key enzyme in pineapples reduces inflammation as effectively as drugs. Bromelain also keeps cancers from getting started and shrinks tumors.
The flesh and juice of the pineapple are used in cuisines around the world. Pineapple is a sweet, sharp and juicy source of vitamin C and is also a great aid to the digestion. Pineapples contain little or no fat or cholesterol, and provide significant amounts of fiber, digestive enzymes, vitamin C, calcium and potassium.
Pineapple juice is one of the rare fruit juices that contains many different vitamins and minerals. Here are the top health benefits of pineapple.
- Rich in fiber, helps in regulating digestion
- Calcium and manganese makes bones and teeths stronger
- Countains vitamin A, vitamin C, fights againts viruses
- Neutralizes acidity
- Keeps gums healthy and strong
- Prevents muscular degeneration
- Reduces pain of arthritis
- Beta carotene , improves eyesight
- Contains phosphorus and potassium
Pineapple Nutrition Facts - fresh pineapple (1 cup)
- Total calories 82
- Carbohydrates 21.7g
- Sugar 16.3g
- Fibre 2.3g
- Dietary Reference Intakes 8.2
- Vitamin C available
Pineapple juice is one of the best way of consuming pineapples. It is packed with vitamins and enzymes and has many health benefits.