Ginger root has been used medicinally for more than 2000 years, this plant has many medicinal benefits. Ginger is not often used by the majority of Americans, even though it commonly appears in the kitchens of countries across the globe. Ginger root contains many noteworthy plants derived chemical compounds such as gingerol, zingerone. All these properties make ginger a powerhouse of health benefits.
Ginger provides a seemingly endless array of health perks. A few of the most commonly known benefits include reducing nausea, morning sickness, motion sickness, conestion, headache, cramps, hot flashes and indigestion. Ginger also been known to enhance appetite and to promote the absorption of essential nutrients into the body.
Ginger is an herb. The rhizome (underground stem) is used as a spice and also as a medicine. It can be used fresh, dried and powdered, or as a juice or oil. Here are just some health benefits of ginger:
- Useful for bowel disorders, gas relief, sensitive digestive tracts and cleansing the colon.
- The spicy components activate the flow of saliva and the production of digestive juices.
- Fights inflammation, circulatory problems, arthritis and fever.
- Reduces joint and muscle pain, both internally and topically.
- Effective antimicrobial agent for sores and wounds.
- Stimulates the heart and circulatory systems.
- Protects the liver an stomach.
- Holds aphrodisiac properties.
- Relieves heartburn.
Ginger juice recipe, feel good from root to top ginger juice
- 1 inch slice ginger root
- 1 fresh lemon
- Juice of 5-6 carrots with tops
- 1 seeded apple
- Juice all ingredients with a juicer or use a high powered blender and strain the mixture with a nut milk bag.